School’s back in session, the temperatures are cooling, and the holidays always seem to arrive sooner than we anticipate. To help get the creative ideas flowing, we’ve been brainstorming ideas on how to use stretch fabric designs in all of your holiday decor.
Our products and suggestions are structured to be extremely versatile, making it possible to repurpose and reuse them throughout the year — whether you’re revamping an item for each event, updating your designs seasonally, or reusing the entire system annually.
In addition to creating ambiance and setting a festive mood, our holiday suggestions can be great solutions when working with challenging spaces and tricky setups. Offering plenty of alternatives to standard seasonal decorations, Stretch Shapes products can accommodate restrictions such as location, available space, and transportation limits.
All of our products are a fantastic medium for stage lighting and projection video mapping, allowing you to further customize your designs after set up. Additionally, using dye sublimation printing also makes it possible to achieve high-quality, photorealistic prints that are crisp and true to color.
From ready-to-order options to fully customized sets, here are 5 ways to use Stretch Shapes products in your holiday decor — however you choose to celebrate the season!
1. Design a Winter Wonderland
The holidays may signal the end of the year, but it is only the beginning of winter. Versatile and inclusive for everyone, wintry designs create seasonal ambiance and can be used for an even longer duration, making it a favorite for many applications.
Ideas for Designing a Winter Wonderland:
- Print winter graphics or a Christmas backdrop on any product using dye sublimation printing
Product Suggestions: Any Stretch Shapes product!
- Create a wintertime scene, like a Jack Frost set, using a combination of Stretch Shapes items
Product Suggestions: 2D Forms, Truss Covers, and Quick Walls
- Design a substitute for traditional holiday trees — easy to store, move, and reuse, this evergreen alternative is the perfect no-mess, no-stress option
Product Suggestions: Triangle 2D Forms
- Create your own custom options — our creative team will bring your winter wonderland to life. To start your project request a quote!
2. Create Holiday Graphics & Holiday Stages
The holiday season is host to a wide variety of special events. From corporate parties to holiday balls, church productions to seasonal exhibits, there are plenty of opportunities to utilize event graphics and stage set designs in your holiday decor.
Ideas for Creating Holiday Graphics & Stage Backdrops:
- Produce printed backdrops and large scale event graphics — perfect for branded event centerpieces
Product Suggestions: Borderless Graphic Panels, Quick Walls, and Printed Truss Banners
- Create event entryways and portals to welcome your guests in style
Product Suggestions: Event Arches and Truss Banners
- Design eye-catching, contemporary backdrops
Product Suggestions: Panel Wall Tiles, Vector Grids, 2D Forms, Quick Walls, and Curved Borderless Projection Screens
3. Customize a Holiday Photography Backdrop
Time to strike a pose! After the planning is complete and the celebrations are underway, the holidays always provide plenty of photo-ops. Don’t let the season come and go without documenting all of the happy memories!
Ideas for Customizing Photography Backdrops:
- Set up a printed media wall, giving attendees an exclusive, red-carpet-worthy entrance
Product Suggestions: Quick Walls and Borderless Graphic Panels
- Design a stretch wall backdrop for photobooths or a layered set that can be festive and on-brand
Product Suggestions: Quick Walls, 2D Forms, and Borderless Graphic Panels
Pro Tip: Using a green screen option allows you to impose images and logos post-event and makes reuse a breeze!
- Incorporate stage lighting in a variety of colors to give backdrops
Product Suggestions: Any Stretch Shapes product!
4. Festive Retail Decor
Sometimes setting up decor is hampered due to available space, inability to keep items on the ground, or other unique limitations. Whatever challenges you’re working with, Stretch Shapes can provide custom solutions that can help promote sales, define holiday sections, and set the atmosphere.
Ideas for Festive Retail Decor:
- Create an enhanced window display using eye-catching customized shapes, complete with branded graphics
Product Suggestions: 2D Forms, Vector Grids, and Flat Panel Sails
- Create printed signage to highlight seasonal sections, holiday sales, and other marketing promotions
Product Suggestions: Hook & Loop Panels, Flat Panel Sails, and Borderless Graphics Panels
- Elevate your holiday designs and maximize space by using ceiling decor, aerial rigging, and truss-mounted products
Product Suggestions: Flat Panel Sails, Truss Covers, and Truss Banners
5. Develop your own Fully Customized Holiday Project
Still looking for something specific? Let your imagination run wild! Once you have an idea, whether it’s a vague concept or a refined rendering, let our creative design team work out the logistics on how to make your idea a reality. The fun part is that you don’t have to think about the restrictions! Leave that to us, so you can focus on your creative ideas.
Tips for Developing a Custom Project:
- Dream BIG!
- Consider using our 100% Blockout Stretch Fabric for the ultimate display in projections and printed graphics
- Incorporate dye sublimation printing for flawless customized graphics
- Let us handle a large installation and set up — the holidays are stressful enough! We can handle the set up so you can think about other things — like that shopping list… or what winter cocktail you’re planning to toast with!
Product Suggestions for Developing a Custom Project
This one is up to you, but if you need some ideas or inspiration, check out the Custom Projects gallery to see some creative visions we’ve helped bring to life.
Regardless of whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, Festivus, or any other winter holiday, Stretch Shapes products are the perfect, low-stress options for decorative, festive, and ambient decor. Looking for even more inspiration? Check out the gallery below…